Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided (It took me forever to figure out what this meant)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 14.5 ounce can of chicken broth (I just make my own using bouillon cubes. It's cheaper and easier.)
- 6 pork chops
- 6 thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 dash paprika (This is serious. I put way more than a dash and it burned our mouths!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and flour. Pour in the chicken broth, cook, and stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In skillet brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon of butter. Grease cooking dish with remaining tablespoons of butter and layer potatoes. Pour mixture over potatoes and place browned chops on top. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
I cut this recipe in half because we wouldn't be able to eat that much with just the two of us. Daniel thought it would be really plain, but he actually liked it too.