Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!



Today my parents celebrate 28 years of marriage. At this point they have spent more of their lives together than they have apart. In a day when divorce is rampant, I am thankful for my parents commitment to the covenant they made 28 years ago today. I am thankful that they never pretended that it was easy. I am thankful that they are honest about their faults through the years. And I am thankful that they love each other more today than they did on their wedding day.


Our God is good indeed! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Courtney! We serve a faithful God! Our lives and marriage stand because of His grace. Praise His name!

Zach Tarter said...

And let's not forget that they gave birth to us! This is, after all, their greatest accomplishment! Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy! Enjoy being empty-nesters!

Zach

Courtney Reissig said...

I just laughed out loud at your comment, Zach. This is true! :)

Anonymous said...

You've given us much joy and laughter. We love you!! Mom and Dad