Monday, November 3, 2008

All I Have is Christ

The words to this song have really ministered to my heart these last few weeks. I first heard it at the New Attitude conference last May, and we sang it at church a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would share the lyrics with you. I am so thankful for all of the people at Sovereign Grace Ministries who write such Christ-centered music that causes my heart to sing to the Savior. Here it is:

I once was lost in darkest night
Yet thought I knew the way
The sin that promised joy and life
Had led me to the grave
I had no hope that You would own
A rebel to Your will
And if You had not loved me first
I would refuse You still

But as I ran my hell-bound race
Indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
And led me to the cross
And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
Now all I know is grace

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life

Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You

Music and Words by Jordan Kauflin.
© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI). Sovereign Grace Music, a division of Sovereign Grace Ministries.
From Na Band: Looked Upon. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.
North American administration by Integrity Music. International administration by CopyCare International.

You can buy the CD that this song appears on here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that song!!!! So good! I really, really love it!

love you friend!

andrea said...

I love that song too! Jesus is all!

Andrea

Courtney Reissig said...

Yes, He is! It's always a good reminder for me when I listen to that song! For a while I was listening to it on repeat!

I love you both too, dear friends! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!!

love,
cdt

Anonymous said...

I've not heard the song, but the words are great!!! It has been over 30 years in Christ and the words of this song still bring a shout of, "Thank-you, Lord!!" What a great reminder of His awesome grace!