Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First Christmas Craft


I am trying to learn to be crafty and so last year, right after we got engaged, I bought cheap stockings on sale in hopes that I could muster up enough craftiness to put our names on them this year. I know. It sounds like such a small task, but if you knew my lack of craftiness, you would be proud of any attempts at it. Let's just say I am no Martha Stewart.


Growing up our stockings had our names on them in glitter. My mom used glue and glitter to make our stockings unique and special. This was a tradition we decided to carry on into our family. So the minute we got home from our trip last week I got to work putting our name on our stockings. I was so excited to hang them and decorate our apartment that I couldn't wait until later this week. The above picture is my finished product. They are proudly hanging in our living room, just waiting for presents to go in them!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute, Courtney! I am completely with you in the "lack of craftiness" club. I was wondering what fun decorating was going on when I heard the hammer! ;) I love that you love Christmas so much... me too!

Rachel B.

Courtney Reissig said...

I am glad the hammering didn't bother you! I was worried that it was too loud! I think we are done hanging stuff for a while. :)