Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday is for Food: Pesto Chicken Pasta

I had this at a friend's house when Daniel was out of town a few months ago. And I have been DYING to make it ever since! She didn't have a written recipe for it, which is kind of nice and freeing. I sort of made up the name of this recipe based on what is in it. It is just so good! If you like veggies, pasta, and pesto, you will like this. If not, you can just skip making this meal all together because that's all that is in it! Here it is:

What you need:

- 1 box of penne pasta (I used whole wheat penne pasta because that's what I had, but anything similar will do)
- Fresh vegetables cut up into small pieces (Again, I just used what was on sale at Kroger this week, so I used 1/2 of an onion, 1/2 of a green pepper, 1 yellow squash, and a few chopped mushrooms)
- 1 jar of pesto
- 1 teaspoon of garlic

How to make it:

- Boil pasta in chicken broth according to instructions (this gives it good flavor)
- Reserve about 1 cup of chicken broth when the pasta is done
- While pasta is cooking, cook the vegetables in a little olive oil just until heated through
- Once pasta and vegetables are done, mix them all together and add pesto. Add enough chicken broth just to give it the right consistency. You don't want it watery, it just loosens the pesto a bit.

Serve warm (or cold) with french bread. Enjoy!

No comments: