Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Musings

I don't usually venture into "what I've been up to" on the blog, but honestly we have been so busy that I had nothing profound to put into a complete post. I have some thoughts, but they aren't anything worth reading yet (or maybe ever). So for those of you who are interested, here is a little update on what the Reissig's have been up to.

Our semester was quite busy with seminary, work, and youth pastor duties for Daniel, and work, Seminary Wives Institute, and helping Daniel duties for me. So when May 7 rolled around, and Daniel took his last final, we were one happy couple! We totally crashed that whole weekend following his last final, and didn't feel guilty for the utter laziness one bit. Right now he is on a brief break until he starts a summer class the day after Memorial Day.

Speaking of Memorial Day, we are quickly approaching our one year anniversary (more posts to follow on that)! Last year we got married on Memorial Day, so our anniversary is one week from tomorrow. I can hardly believe that it has been a year already. It went by so fast, yet I feel like I have changed and grown so much in this last year. Definetely sanctifying. Like I said, more posts to follow.

I took a couple of Seminary Wives classes this semester. It is a program that Mrs. Mohler heads up for the student wives. The class topics vary a lot, but some are really practical like the one I took this semester: Ministry of Hospitality. If I had to pick one thing that struck me most about this class it was about cultivating a love for my home and my family. It is so easy to get busy doing so many other things, but it is in my home that God has ordained for me to work diligently for his glory. I realized I have a LONG way to go before I understand how this all works fully, but I am so thankful to be here and learn from godly older men and women.

This summer doesn't hold any promises to be any slower than the semester, unfortunately. Well, it is for me. But Daniel is taking two classes so he can be finished with seminary forever by next May. It will be an intense year coming up for us. But we are all strapped in and ready for the ride. Thanks for taking time to peek in and join us!

No comments: