Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday is for Food

Daniel gets really excited around August 1 because August means it's almost fall, which means it's almost college football season. And it is now upon us. Last night we watched Ohio State play at the local Buffalo Wild Wings (because we don't have cable or the Big Ten Network). Tomorrow we will watch all of the television programming surrounding the first Saturday of college football season (and Daniel will study Greek vocabulary while watching).

Last year I didn't really grasp how excited he got about it all. I was new to the whole wife thing (and still am!) and I was clueless. Now I know and I am prepared. Daniel loves queso and chips, and I love to eat, so we are in for a feast tomorrow. Here is our menu:

Queso (32 oz pack of Velveeta cheese and 2 cans of Rotel)

Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa (best ever!)

Chips

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas (recipe from my dear friend, Laura)
  • 3 chicken breast (cooked and cut)
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 16 oz sour cream
  • 4 oz can of green chiles
  • 1/2 cup of chopped onions
  • 1 bag of cheddar cheese
  • 1 package of flour tortillas

Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, chiles, and green onions in a large bowl. Spoon into individual flour tortillas. Sprinkle cheese inside tortillas and roll. Place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350.

I think I am going to make a spinach and strawberry salad because we need a vegetable. Plus Daniel likes it.

Happy weekend all!

No comments: