Thursday, July 21, 2011

Give Them Grace: A Book Review

I have not had the privilege of parenting children yet, but I'm surrounded by amazing friends and family who walk through task of parenting on a daily basis. One of the things I hear the most is that parenting is hard work. It takes a lot of grace and a lot of prayer. And more than anything else it takes a daily dependence on Jesus Christ. As a pastor's wife I'm sure there will come times when I am asked for resources on parenting biblically. There is a lot of good stuff out there, but there is also a lot of bad stuff. That's why I'm thankful for Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson. This mother/daughter team recently authored the book Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids With the Love of Jesus. I was asked to review it for Her.meneutics (the Christianity Today blog for women) and the review was posted yesterday. I loved the book. Even though it's not applicable to me directly right now, it helped me understand my own sinfulness and greater need for Jesus, which I'm so thankful for.

So if you are a parent, soon-to-be-parent, longing-to-be-parent, or just a friend to a parent, I encourage you to read the review, and even better, read the book! It will serve your soul.

The review can be found here.

No comments: